Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Post-Thanksgiving Pre-SHOT Show Blues

What can I say? Thanksgiving is over, and tomorrow I start my annual sprint to the SHOT Show. I looked at my schedule this morning and it frightened me so badly I went back to bed.

Thanksgiving was pretty traditional…turkey smoked outdoors in our pizza oven, sage dressing, dumplings, brandy cranberry sauce and a delicious chocolate "pudding pie" from my Sweetie. All was wonderful! Christmas is going to be fish pie and other Scottish specialties, although I don't seem to be getting a lot of enthusiasm for haggis, which I actually like. What's so icky about a sheep's stomach, I ask you?


I'm going to keep lobbying. Had friends over on Saturday and everybody wanted to go down to the range and shoot. Made for a fun afternoon! 

I spent a lot of Friday tinkering with my competition Glocks and doing a little more work on the Dead Foot Arms/Quarter Circle 10 9mm AR soon-to-be SBR. I made the decision to move production of the last 2 episodes of SG into January after SHOT…not a decision I like to make, but I've just run out of days in this year. As it is, we're working almost straight through to Christmas Eve.

I'm kind interested in the new CZ P10 striker-fired pistol. They build superb guns, and I'm looking forward to trying this one. Whether it's a "G19 killer," as one website suggested…that would be the G19 adopted by the FBI, military Special Forces groups and a soon-to-be food of police departments…well, one never knows, does one (as Fats Waller would no doubt say).

We are FINALLY closer to the building of the on-property video studio for SGO. What a PAIN-IN-THE-ASS this whole process has been! Hopefully, the finished product will be worth it. Essentially, it's a purpose-built studio to facilitate on-line content.

7 comments:

NJ Larry said...

Speaking of CZ, I am reminded of 10 or 15 years ago when CZ was more active on TV. The Irlene Mandrell ads and we were introduced to Angus Hobdell their pro shooter and now custom shop guy. Which brings me to my point.... Boy I would love to see you do a show (maybe the online stuff?) With Angus, Ian Harrison, your buddy Marshall and probably you know more folks.... All are immigrants to America and are in the 2A world here. From what I know each has an unbelievable personal story of their life elsewhere and their journey here. I know Angus gave up everything, and I mean everything to come here.

It would make a wonderful hour show. Maybe a get together around the table. MB your in depth personal interviews over the years have been top notch. This is your sweet spot. You know that. It would be a helluva show. Just my 2 cents...

Rastus said...

Not a bad idea Larry. A good personal interest show and a short cameo with each person's favorite gun(s).

Anonymous said...

Great idea Larry. A wonderful contrast to the constant flood of stories about ILLEGAL alien rapists, robbers, and gang bangers who gave up nothing to get free bennies at out expense.
Thomas C Bogan
Laconia NH

Anonymous said...

Nothing against the three guys, but I'd much rather see an episode featuring Irene Mandrell.

DamDoc said...


I understand Trump is talking to mark kelly's buddy david petraeus about sec of state.. we need to start screaming, or the un stuff is going to be a done deal!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politics/david-petraeus-mark-kelly-gun-control/

Anonymous said...

Great catch DamDoc!

"As service members, each of us swore an oath to protect our Constitution and the homeland. Now we're asking our leaders to do more to protect our rights and save lives," said Kelly (Petraeus' partner in this SCAM), the husband of former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and co-founder of Americans for Responsible Solutions, a group that advocates for tougher gun laws.

Protecting OUR rights? How?Bull Sh_t!

Keep this rolling around.

Life Member

Unknown said...

PPQ is far better handgun than the Glock 19!