Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Snowy Saturday...

...wher I spent most of the day trying to solve an audio problem on my podcasting set-up. Eventually, I got fed up with the whole thing, reconfingured my system for some different, older hardware and did the Monday podcast. Afterwards, of course, I discovered a loose microphone connection...so I'll do the podcast again tomorrow...sigh.

I haven't wanted to make it available on iTunes until I had the bugs worked out. Definitely by the Monday after the NRA Show next week!

Today I discovered that the Nederland Board of Trusties last week passed a genuine anti-Michael Non-Binding Resolution, coming down staunchly against recreational shooting because, well, because! Like guns are, you know, like loud, and, like, where we used to live in, like, San Francisco, like, the only noises we heard were sirens and the occasional scream and like gunshots are, like, scary.

I have to admit they did an excellent job of keeping everything hidden from me and my shooting buddies...god forbid the public should be present at a public meeting! Well, we'll deal with it...what goes around does tend to come around...especially for a ethically challenged new Ms. Mayor with political asperations!

8 comments:

Not Available said...

MB said, "...coming down staunchly against recreational shooting..."

So tell them it is not recreational, it is training (to stay alive) and it is not fun, it is like, you know, hard.

Anonymous said...

I remember well the Peoples Republic of Boulder. Soon as I retired I got as far away as I could. Simple expedient: tie a snow shovel on the roof of your car and drive south until someone asks you what it is.

You have no doubt heard that Boulder is twelve square miles surrounded by reality. Between C.U. and the tofu contingent you are very much outnumbered.

Still, I wish you well in your efforts even though I have little hope for your success.

Anonymous said...

It is sunny and 64 degrees in Georgia......Don't you miss living in the South? We'll take you back!!!

Unknown said...

I will echo the desire to get you back to Georgia and I will even drive out and haul your guns back for you as long as you agree that you will not count them first! :)
Charles Bond

Anonymous said...

I was just downloading some Tom Gresham GunTalk episodes from last year that I've never heard on iTunes and I saw a new podcast over in the 'people who like this one also like' area. I'm thinking I recognize your name from GunTalk. I had to Google you, thats how I ended up here. I'm listening to the podcast now and I hear you mention the TV show. Well here's why I wrote you, earlier this morning I searched through my TiVo for the show Shooting Gallery so I could record it. I had just watched a commercial for it on the Outdoor Network which I just started watching last week (Nugent's show).

Marshal Halloway said...

Girl 600,

You'll find Shooting Gallery on the Outdoor Channel. It aires on Wednesdays 4:30 PM EST, 8:30 PM EST and Thursday 12:30 AM EST.

Not Available said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael Bane said...

Girl 600;

Hi! We're working on Total World Domination...be sure to enter the sweepstakes for the Burce Gray Custom SIGARMS GSR 1911...or check back next week to enter for the Tactical Solutions/Leupold Custom Riger 10/22...

Michael B