Monday, April 05, 2010

Sorry for the Light Posting


Had a production meeting for COWBOYS and the filming of the weekly video podcast ran long...we also had to shut down production while I shot a house mouse in the gun room...hollow-point pellet out of an air pistol...got it just before it charged! The videographer (my Sweetie) says shooting a mouse during filming is definitely a hostile workplace issue...only for the mouse, I said...does Glenn Beck have these problems, I ask you?

I have a lot more to say on these issues (say, there's a surprise!); I led the video podcast for Wednesday with the NSSF survey. I've also been talking to my friends at NSSF, so I've got some info there.I'll try to post more tomorrow...

9 comments:

George said...

Michael,
Why didn't you let Alf take care of it for you?

Eric said...

Alf is still on Injured Reserve, I'll wager.

Matthew said...

It's not that he was charging, it's that he was going for a gun.

Michael Bane said...

I think the mouse had one of those little pinfire revolvers...he was comin' right for me...I didn't have a choice!

mb

AlanR - GunRightsAlert.com said...

Reminds me of that Season 1 South Park.

philw said...

Hope the shooting makes it in to the videocast :)

Anonymous said...

The only thing worse is one of them sabertooth chipmonks. the mushroom

Unknown said...

As one who lurks in the shadows myself I know just how scarry those fiendish little hair balls can be. Spent many hours in the dark with only incidental light from another room to backlight the tiny monsters. Since .22 cb's from my Anshutz freaked out the wife i too resorted to the 177 hp. Hiding in the furthest recesses of the darkened room I saw the glint from his eyes and let fly from a Daisy Biathalon Trainer and hit the great beast dead center between the eyes. Now I have occassionally heard the stories of the eyes popping out of the heads as the result of such fine shooting but this was the first I have ever witnessed such an event let alone been the cause of a fable of such magnitude (to be passed down through the ages). The horror! I think I will need counseling sometime soon but till then I need more pellets. Great shooting Michael it ain't as easy as people think unless you're hunting over bait. JT out.

Moosejaw said...

Heck, if Glenn Beck had either the 'Mouse Problem', or the 'videographer problem', he is quite capable of....

.....bursting into tears.

(Just sayin', is all.)