Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sorry...Light Blogging Alert

Between the travel and the fact that I had a whole day in the studio today, I haven't really had a chance to sit down and blog...I even missed the Boobquake! That's not like me, no-sir-eee-bob! Well, maybe no-sir-eee-boob...

Anyhow, tomorrow I'm going to sleep late, that is, later than 7AM, and you can't stop me! Try it...just try it. It has been a 6-week run of filming with what amounted to ours, rather than days, at home. I got through it, but I did have to bag the Single Stack Classic this coming weekend...May is just too tightly scheduled to do anything that doesn't directly concern work.

Through Roberta X's blog, I've relinked with Royal Enfield motorcycles...the Military Model appeals to the retro steampnky side of me (that's the same side that used to restore Nortons, which is dangerously close to self-abuse). 


Retro is cool...


6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Flash Powder Hal said...

.44 cal Rugers, survivalism and now Norton's too???

Come on Michael you're scaring me here. Just don't say you like RAT/ESEE knives too, OK?

bgary said...

Sorry to hear about the Single Stack. I'm heading there tomorrow, was looking forward to shooting with you. (although, looking at the weather reports for PASA you're looking really smart).

Michael Bane said...

Hi Bruce! Sorry to miss you as well...the weather forecast for Barry is ALWAYS bad! LOL! Take care of Scotty Moore...it's his first big pistol match.

And Hal, RATs are cool, but you've clearly overlooked the Zombie Apocalypse that's always waiting for us to drop our guard, even for a moment...to be ready for that, I'm going to come down on the side of the Zack Ax from Zombie Tools:

http://zombietools.net/tools/

mb

bgary said...

Heh. Just got an email from Scott, he's got sinus issues and may not make it, either. Sheesh. A couple hundred more people back out, I might just win this thing!

Will said...

Whoa, you were into Snort'n Nortons?
Was a mechanic, and Parts Manager, at a couple bike shops that carried Norton back in the '70s. I still regret not buying my old Norton back from a former GF and racing it, instead of the Guzzi LeMans I ran in BOTT and Open Twins classes. That Norton I built for her would straighten out your arms in forth gear while pulling a 23 tooth counter sprocket. And still only a 750, and NOT a short stroke crank! Could outrun an 1100 GS Suzuki (ridden by a fellow racer) in the fast sweepers of hiwy 25 near the Pinnacles. Would have been fun in the 750 twin classes.