Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jalapeño!

My Sweetie was making her wonderful shrimp quesadillas, so I roasted a couple of jalapeños we had in the house. Holy cow, were those suckers hot, even after they were roasted! Luckily, my Sweetie and I have a Law of Hot Stuff in Cooking, which is that we both have to agree that the ingredient is not so hot that one of us can't eat it...this rule went into effect after a pot of chili that was on the verge of spontaneous combustion.

The meal was accompanied by Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale, a Bend microbrewery specialty, in honor of the beer we didn't drink out in Oregon. Mostly been laying low this weekend, taking the Wonder Beagle on a long hike, working my way through the Africa checklist, etc. Will be at the Rockcastle 3-Gun Pro-Am next week, following Dianna Liedorff and Randi Rogers in the Pro and Michelle Cerino in the Amateur.

BTW, and you didn't hear it from me, Gemtech may be getting in yet another load of their superb .22LR subsonic ammo, so you might want to place an order. In my experience this is the absolutely best ammo to run in suppressed .22s, and I pretty much tried them all last summer. The Gemtech .22s runs all my silenced semiautos and is accurate as all get-out. And no, Gemtech isn't a sponsor...I just like the stuff!





2 comments:

Mac said...

Hello Mr. Bane!
Will you be posting your Africa Gear List when you get it finalized? That might be a fun read.
I'm really looking forward to your coverage of that trip!

Sheepdog1968 said...

I look forward to this week's podcast to hear about the night 3 gun shoot. If you go back next year, maybe you can really mix up your gun choices just to see how well they work (e.g. Scout rifle, revolver, and SXS or pump). I know it's non-optimal choices but it would be interesting to see how that changes things by comparing it to this and last year's match. Keep up the good work.