Thursday, December 30, 2004

Guns Don't Kill People, DOCTORS Do!

If you've ever suspected that going to the doctor might be the most dangerous thing you do in an average year, here's some statistical support for your gut feelings from Nathan Tabor:
Doctors: (A) There are 700,000 physicians in the U.S. (B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians total 120,000 per year. (C) Accidental death percentage per physician is 0.171.

Guns: (A) There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S. (B) There are 1,500 accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups. (C) The percentage of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.0000188.

Statistically, then, doctors are 9,000 times more dangerous to the public health than gun owners. Fact: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR. Following the logic of liberals, we should all be warned: "Guns don't kill people. Doctors do."
I've always suspected this, especially since my 4-day visit to the hospital last year. If I hadn't had a surgeon who was also a shooter wander by the room, I'd probably still be in there getting unnecessary surgery.




1 comment:

Health News said...

I can't believe how much of this I just wasn't aware of. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I'm truly grateful and really impressed.