Monday, October 03, 2005

A Crummy End to a Pretty Good Day

Spent the day out with Hawes Outfitters in Kansas getting ready for Tequila's big buffalo hunt in Kansas. Man, these Hawes guys are great, the real deal! When Bat Masterson gave your granddad a gun, and the family ranch dates from the 1880s, you've got some serious cowboy cred!

We're using a couple of Doug Turnbull's amazingly beautiful rifles, including one of the lever-action Winchester Teddy Roosevelt replica .45/75s. If you're quick and have a LOT of portable money, you can order one of your own! The other is an 1886 in .50/110, a real thumper.

I headed back to the hotel, 'cause I gotta go to Utah in a day or so. On the way back to the hotel I got dinged for 82 mhp in a 65 mph zone...yes indeed, a tragic failure of awareness! What really sucks is the KHP cop (is that "chip" or "kip") hands me the ticket and says something to the effect of, "I'm sorry we had to meet this way, Mr. Bane. I like the show."

Well, no more donuts for you! Kansas Bloody Kansas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dislike Kansas...
http://www.madogre.com/Interviews/Crossing_Kansas.htm
Glad you had some fun while you were there though.