Monday, May 28, 2012

Good Match!

My Sweetie and I had a good cowboy match in Byers, CO, with the Sand Creek Raiders yesterday. I came in 9th out of 73 (2nd in my Division) against some fierce competition. I was dead consistent across 6 stages, shooting the match fast and clean.

My Sweetie clocked in at 26th, winning her Division and finishing 2nd Woman.

The 6th stage featured a Texas Star. If you've never shot a Star, it will rattle your head. It's 5 places on roughly 2-3 foot arms, revolving around a central axis. Knock the first plate off, and the Star begins to rotate. As long as you look at your sights, no problemo! Look at those moving plates, as we sight-hunting primates are prone to do, and you will miss. I love Stars...we have an MGM Whirly-gig and it is one of the best practice tools ever.

1 comment:

ExurbanKevin said...

A Texas Star in a cowboy match, with 5 shots in the pistol and five plates spinning around like a whirling dervish on angel dust?

I hate those things in USPSA Production, I shudder to think what they'd be like in SASS!