Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Creeping Normality Returns

My Sweetie's home from the East, the IRS is placated and convinced that, indeed, I have paid all the money and then some, I am half-way through this month's GUNSHOTS for Sirius/XM, still haven't put the trigger in the Colt 901 and have enough magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds to gag both John "No Really, I'm Smarter Than An 8-Year-Old...Maybe..." Hickenlooper and Michael "I Love It When Hickenlooper Shows His Belly And Submits" Bloomberg. I even cooked tonight...salmon burgers with chipotle BBQ sauce from The Salt Lick in Austin, fresh field corn and a salad with tomatoes, pesto, avocado, red onions and feta cheese crumbled on top.

Tomorrow is meetings about RAPID FIRE, which begins filming in early July...luckily, FNH came through with enough 5.7 for Iain and Seeklander to blast away when it looked like all hope had faded. I'll also finish up the Sirius/XM stuff, and if there's any time left I think I'll go to the range for a few minutes. There's a 3-Gun match this weekend which is a definite maybe; not pleased with my cowboy results Saturday...dropped down to 15 out of 67 with those 2 bad stages. I need to spend some time with the cowboy revolvers to sort out some bad habits, but we go full bore into high season come first of July.

I think tomorrow I'm going to rant about the "hoarding" meme, which is starting to irritate me...


10 comments:

Bic said...

What is this 'Gunshots' for XM of which you speak? - a Google search reveals....nothing.

Bic

Unknown said...

Mmm. Salt Lick. Damn. Now it's time for another trip to Dripping Springs.

JD(not the one with the picture) said...

Don't stop in Drippin', continue on to Driftwood, or almost, take a left on RM 1826 and go just over a mile to the Saltlick. Remember B.Y.O.B and cash only.

Jkwas said...

Doesn't it stink when you're having a great match and you blow that one stage? It's a shame you can't just drop your worst, but then when everyone did that you'd end up in the same place. More or less.....

Ca said...

Hey yes, where 'n when on Sirius/XM?

Michael Bane said...

In short, the GUNSHOTS thing will start up next month...I'll post all the show info. Sirius/XM has been a long-term goal of mine, and thanks to a great partner I'm getting closer...

mb

Ursa Ele said...

Oh Jeez, another one of the anti-hoarders... You are a great guy and I think highly of you, and wish you the best that life can bring, but I totally disagree with you if you are determined to become one of the anti-hoarders. Let me be frank, and specific: Who are you, or anyone else, to tell me what I am allowed to buy for whatever reason I darn well want to buy it? Who made you King of the World, or has some of Bloomberg's dictatorial power rubbed off on you? Seriously, get off it. I will buy whatever I want and if you did not see this freight train coming from a hundred miles away, you were not paying attention and that is not my problem. Anti-hoarders are communists.

By the way, what do you call buying 50 AR-15 magazines? I call it hoarding, not that I think there's anything wrong with THAT. But, I am interested to know what YOU call it since you apparently are about to go off on the "hoarders". What euphemism for hoarding do you find to feel better to you than the word "hoarding"???

Michael Bane said...

Dude!

I'm the original PRO-Hoarder! In public and many times I have defined "hoarders" as "people who were smarter than you!

mb

Anonymous said...

That's funny MB! Obviously he has not followed you very long!!! I could swear I remember you saying on your podcast about a year ago that you recommended having at least 10,000 rounds of 22LR stocked up. Not to mention high quantities of your favorite "more lethal" size rounds.

Ursa Ele said...

Oh, thank GOD. I thought you were going to get in on the "anti-hoarder" thing, and I was just tired of being accused of victimizing society at large just because I happen to have known that there was an election coming up! Anyway, great post about hoarding, and sorry I doubted you for even a second!

Best wishes,
Defeat Bloomberg inspired dictatorships of the elites, and as MB says, Be Prepared.