Friday, June 14, 2013

Why I Should Stop Watching Television

So I'm in charge of taking care of the menagerie tonight and the television is on to keep me company. I'm listening to a Republican — let me restate that...Republican — analyst state how excited he is about a 2016 Presidential match-up between Hillary Clinton and Chris Christie. Because, see, Chris Christie is the bestest conservative Republican candidate in the whole wide world!

I have to say that Chris Christie would be the final straw...I have been as pragmatic as anyone on wading through this political cesspool...sucked it up for McCain...sucked it up for Romney...but I will be damned if I'll cast a vote for an antigun floating...well, whatever it is that floats in cesspools...like Chris Christie. I'll stay home. Well, I'll vote in the other races, but if the Republicans put up a violently antigun candidate like Christie and expect the gun vote to turn out to bail their asses out yet again, they'll get the oblivion they so richly deserve.

Maybe I just shouldn't watch TV...or only watch OUTDOOR CHANNEL...and Game of Thrones...

I actually did some dry-firing today! Will drag myself up at zero dark thirty and go shoot a match. I did not get the new trigger in the Colt 901 today, but I think I caught up on everything business-wise.

Okay, teevee still on, the Discovery series How We Invented.. Guns because a bunch of my friends are on it. My friends are, as usual, right on, but the voice-over appears to have been written by many monkeys locked into a room with typewriters. My favorite part so far was where they explained in detail how the .338 launches a ".50 caliber projectile" downrange. That's cool. Now they're talking about the ".50 caliber Smith & Wesson Magnum," and how it changes even the air around it when it's fired, and how surviving shooting one is the ultimate experience in all of shooting. I think I'm going to bed now. Did you know the AK-47 will fire when it's wet? Man! I should have been taking notes...

16 comments:

KevinC said...

Meh. Our "Republican" governor here in the Copper State just shut out 9/10ths of her own party in order to work with the Dems and make Obamacare the law of the state.

She's term-limited and won't run again, but the GOP squishes who voted with her are headed for some rocky times.

It's no longer GOP/Dem. It's "Do you trust me with my live or not?"

Anonymous said...

Michael Bane for president!

Anonymous said...

To nominate Chris Christie as the Republican candidate for President is to guarantee another loss in the 2016 election.

Google that Priebus!

Life Member

P. S.: I just want to give a shout-out to the NSA. How they hangin' Johnny?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Obama and Christie kiss when they part.

nj_larry said...

@Life Member...

Dude your postscript made my coffee shoot out my nose LMFAO...I just finished reading a yahoo news article which is the best I've seen so far (IMHO as a 30 yr IT guy). Sum up was everything is being read, everyone is lying.

http://news.yahoo.com/secret-prism-success-even-bigger-123031861.html

gunman42782 said...

Vote Libertarian. I, like you, held my nose the last two elections and voted for tweedle dee instead of tweedle dumb (Obama), cause I didn't want to "waste my vote". I wont do it a 3rd time. If the Republicans are that damn stupid to elect Christy, then Libertarian I shall vote, and to hell with them.

DamDoc said...

vote pro-2nd amendment... thats it.

Anonymous said...

DamDoc,

Right-on again!

And thanks nj_larry, it seemed right at the time. ; )

Life Member

Bubblehead Les. said...

Well, if Nancy gets the House back in 2014, we may not have to worry about the 2016 Elections. It's that "Fundamental Transformation of America into a Worker's Paradise" thing.

But say there are Elections in 2016. IMHO, if Rand Paul doesn't make it to the Finals and it's another RINOFEST, then I'm Voting FOR Hillary.

At least with her, we KNOW what to expect, and can Defend ourselves Properly.

Anonymous said...

I though the Repubs hit nadir when they nominated Jumpin' John McCain.

Chris Christie? I have to vote the "Big L" Looney Libertarian ticket. Either that, or see how much runm it takes to make the pain go away.

ELIMN8U said...

I too held my nose for McCain and Romney...although in the '08 election I considered it a vote for Palin more so than a vote for Johnny. I also will NOT vote for Chris Lewinsky if he's on the ticket. We have some great conservatives out there and need to keep the old establishment from stinking up the works yet again!

Ber950 said...

Not going to happen. These a the same commentators who kept telling us that Rudy G. was going to win the nomination. Media types think the world revolves around New England.

ThatWouldBeTelling said...

Ber950: Didn't these same commentators tell us that Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, was going to win the nomination?

I'd also note at the last convention the establishment changed the rules allowing the Republican National Committee to change the nomination rules between elections, a power previously reserved to the state parties etc. at conventions.

kmitch200 said...

What do you mean Chris Christie isn't the Second Coming of Buddha?
But..but..the talking heads all gush when he says something!

Ber950 is right - the NY 'news' outlets think they know the country.
They don't know $#!+.

Will said...

Never, EVER, vote for a politician that hails from NJ, or any state to the north of it. (NY, MA, etc...)

To get to any level in those states, you CANNOT be any sort of conservative. No matter what party.

Anonymous said...

I've been boycotting elections since 2000.

Whenever I am given a choice between two corrupt leftist apparatchiks who have made careers of spitting on and shitting on gun owners and working-class whites like me, I refuse to participate in the farce. I don't acknowledge the legitimacy of any part of it.