Monday, February 03, 2014

Podcast Monday

And, amazingly, I got it done. Actually, I had too much material...I've been wanting to talk about revolvers, a lot about revolvers. I like revolvers, have always liked revolvers. My first handgun was a revolver, an S&W Regulation Police .38 S&W...I still have it, and that's a whole other story. It's also the first gun I ever pointed at a human being...and luckily, I never had to pull the trigger.


I've mostly been an S&W Guy but I have to say the Ruger Match Champion GP-100 may change my mind. That's about a gun and a half! I love the Hogue grips, and it's a pretty good trigger pull — needs lighter springs, but it's smooth with a crisp break.

Hopefully the temperature will creep over 20 degrees and I can get this gun to the range this week. I've got a case of ARMSCOR .38 Special FMJs tat just cry out to be shot. My cherubs and seraphim tell me this is not the last, nor the only, Ruger competition revolver...I think that's great, and I look forward to the next one.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Bane,
I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I had a question from the excellent Shooting Gallery episode "What to Do When There's No Ammo." I'm very interested in the SIRT laser pistol. What does the trigger pull feel like? Is it fairly similar to the Glock it seems to be modelled after? Would there be much harm to training with it if someone primarily carries something with a significantly different trigger type (1911, DAO revolver, etc)? Thanks very much!

Michael Bane said...

The trigger on the S.I.R.T. is pretty good..not as good as, say, a modified Glock (or M&P). Still, I think that trigger press and sight alignment are independent of platform. The time you spend with a laser trainer like a S.I.R.T. will pay huge dividends for you no matter what you shoot.

I've been doing A LOT of dry-firing with a DA revolver...I'm thinking of shooting the ICORE World Championships with the Ruger.

mb

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. I need all the dividends I can get! This has been a great season of Shooting Gallery BTW.

Michael Bane said...

Thank you so much! I'm very proud of this season...want until you see what's still in the queue!

mb

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see that Ruger GP-100 special-edition come out as a 5-shot .44 magnum. Forget the new S&W with the internal "safety lock".

Life Member

media online indonesia said...

Thank you write this article for me see, I asked permission to write on the website diakui.com wish you deign to allow it