Monday, January 17, 2005

Michael's Computer Update

So far, so good.

My Cube has now migrated to my Sweetie's office, where she is presently using it without apparent complications. She was using my cast-off non-USB H-P laser printer, which I can probably get running under some "gimp" printer driver and adapter cable if I fiddle with it, but she's talking about buying a new printer. Given the present dirt cheap price of printers, that makes sense. It's now cheaper to buy a new Brother (whose brother, I have no clue) laser printer than replace the flimsy short-lived drums on the old ones. Who thought that was a good idea?

In the meantime, she's hooked back up to my network, so she can use shared printer just fine.


Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh yeah, I'm probably going to take her old PC, strip all the crap off it and use it to program annoying little robots. What the heck, it keeps me off the streets!

No comments: