Thursday, November 20, 2008

AR Mag Update!

Some good news on AR magazines this morning. My pals at Midway USA still have two flavors of standard capacity AR mags in stock, the Lancer L5 Polymer and the AR-Stoner. I've never used either one of them, but here's the scoop.

My friend Rich Grassi at The Tactical Wire had this report on the L5 — amazingly enough — this morning:
Autumn Miscellany: We have several items to discuss around the water cooler today.

One is that a major purveyor of AR-type carbines to law enforcement and non-sworn users is pending a magazine change. To date using the GI-style aluminum with the current green follower, this high-output AR-manufacturer is looking to polymer. The carbine I saw on Wednesday had the Lancer Systems L5 Translucent Magazine. That was interesting timing, as I just came into receipt of some samples for testing. The L5 was tested and is recommended by the National Tactical Officers' Association.
The skinny on the Stoner is that it is manufactured by C-Products, your basic military supplier, and features a Mag-Pul antitilt follower and chrome silicon springs. While I don't have any Stoners, I do have a ton of C-Products mags with updated followers and no complaints whatsoever, and some are pretty beat up. Also, the Internet forum spins on the AR-Stoners are excellent.

The Stoners are $17.99 and the plastic Lancers $18.99...doesn't it make you wish you'd bought magazines when I first told you to???

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I just got notice from c-product yesterday that my magzine order is almost ready to ship. So they're catching up on orders.

Flash Gordon said...

Is it my computer or is it your site....Down Range Radio for yesterday won't download in iTunes.

The Freeholder said...

Good find. Pity I prefer 20s; I guess I'll have to wait and hope the PMags get back in stock before anything bad happens.

Anonymous said...

I have a couple C-Products mags, and they do not have MagPul followers. Don't know how they work as I haven't used them, but seem OK just pulling the mag apart and checking the parts.

Midway does not say they are MagPul followers, just 'Anti Tilt'.

What I read on the (error)net is they are patterned after the MagPul 2nd generation follower. but are C-Products, not MagPul, and not licensed.

Not saying good or bad, just probably not MagPul.

Anonymous said...

I have several stoner mags, they work great.

Anonymous said...

I bought 20 of the AR=Stoner mags last year when they were going for 10 bucks apiece at Midway. Great mags!

Mike W. said...

I've got a couple of the L5 Lancer mags and they've worked flawlessly.

Anonymous said...

Dealer price for the Stoners is $13 from Midway. I'm running "sold for my cost" sales of them for Arizona residents and "my cost plus shipping" for non-AZ residents from my site.

I have 36 of them, and they all work flawlessly. The only issue is that I've gotten behind with reloading, so they're not all full. :)

Anonymous said...

I've got several C-products magazines with their antitilt follower. It is junk. they all failed to feed properly all the time until I put a real magpul follower in. With the real magpul follower, they work great.

The fact that their followers look, from the outside, almost identical to the magpul, indeed you can hardly tell them apart on the internet, is as close to outright fraud as it gets without crossing the legal line...

Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.