Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today's the Day to Load Up!

Happy National Ammo Day! Yes, it's going to cost you a couple of dollars, but buy ammo today...especially since you might not be able to buy it later. This from the MSNBC Red Star this AM:
THE AGENDA: GUN CONTROL

Put gun control advocates on the list of interest groups measuring Obama's issue coattails and hoping to sew up a legislative victory. In a new Penn/Schoen post-election poll passed along to First Read by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, two out of three respondents said that they believed that "common sense" gun regulations -- like background checks, waiting periods, and a renewal of the assault weapons ban -- should be enacted in the first year of the Obama administration. The pollsters, who asked 1083 voters in a nationwide internet-based survey for their opinions on gun control measures and on the National Rifle Association, found that even majorities of voters who supported McCain, as well as rural voters and those who identify themselves as conservative, are in favor of some increased regulations on the sale and use of firearms.
Yeah right...ask people who can't readily identify the capital of the state they live in whether "more should be done to protect us against gun violence," and — viola! — a predictable poll result!

Later this afternoon I'm going to attempt to buy some 5.56 and 9mm...I'll let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait for National Ammo day. I bought 500 rds of 9mm and 500 rds Lake City 5.56 two months ago...since then bought Glock mags, a G26 blue gun and G26 airsoft.

John Richardson said...

I couldn't wait either. I bought 2 crates (approx. 4000 rounds) of 5.45x39 Russian surplus yesterday. I'm sure "commonsense" gun control will stop imports of this so I got while the getting was good.

Anonymous said...

You folks found ammo for sale ?!?

Anonymous said...

I just bought 400 rounds of 223 and an AR to go with it.

iainmcphersn said...

900 rounds of Federal XM193AF on stripper clips

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine that poll..."When criminals use guns to hurt or kill people, do you think we need laws to deal with that? Yes? Ok, mark another one wanting new laws!"

Sadly, I couldn't make it out for my ammo buy...but I'll definitely be making up for it!