Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Another Grueling Day at the Office...

...a private tour of the Cody Firearms Museum & the Buffalo Bill Historical Center...AMAZING place! Cody curator Warren Neuman is a hoot and a walking encyclopedia. Saw some guns "in person" I'd only read about...Liver-Eating Johnson's Hawken, Buffalo Bill's "Lucretia Borgia" Trapdoor, Winchester's revolvers they abandoned when Colt agreed to walk away from the Burgess lever action rifle, THE Winchester '97 Black Diamond Trap I wish I had, etc.

And the art...I could stand there and look at Remington paintings all day...

Right now I'm in my room at The Cody halfway watching The Devil Wears Prada and taking notes for THE NEW SURVIVAL GUNS...tomorrow John Carter & I want to make a pass by the local saddley & boot store on the way to the airport...

Hey, someone's got to do it..
-- Post From The Road

9 comments:

Lou from MN said...

Sounds like a very tough job... I'm just glad you like to share your struggle with us... Thanks!!!

Luis

gunman42782 said...

Seen the Cody Museum several years ago. Fantastic place. I only had the day to spend there, unfortunately. No way you can see it all in just a day.

Jason said...

The New Survival Guns? Does this mean I can finally retire my worn out Mel Tappan books?

Geoff aka Pathfinder said...

The Cody museums are a truly marvelous place (there are 4 of them IIRC in one building). I've been there a number of times, and even took my younger son.

The firearm museum is mind-alteringly intense. If you're not careful - or not getting a personal hands-on tour - things tend to blur, there is just so much there.

Steve P said...

To say I'm jealous would be an understatement. I hope you have pictures to share. It's on my bucket list

Anonymous said...

Thank you for enduring these hardships for us. I hope you are rewarded someday for this sacrifice!

Retired Rick said...

Hard to imagine your struggle. You didn't mention Irma's Restaurant and Hotel. My favorite stop when going to Sturgis.

Davidwhitewolf said...

I'm just envious you get to hang out with the Warlord of Mars.

Unknown said...

www1016
hermes belt
nike shoes outlet
ralph lauren polo
ralph lauren uk
birken stock
coach outlet online
tory burch outlet
canada goose jacket
ray ban sunglasses
moncler jackets