Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Home Again...


...John Carter and I spent all morning at the Cody Museum doing still photography for us to set up the filming for COWBOYS in a month. You know, interesting point, I was very closely looking at the Arvo Ajala "Paladin" holster and I was surprised it was more of a "working" holster than I expected it to be. Not nearly as finely made (maybe I shouldn't be surprised here) as the Alfonso replicas I've handled.

I also spent some time studying Buffalo Bill's Stetson hats...I realize this makes me some kind boring fanboy, but hey, how many times do you have a chance to do something like that?


BTW, Frank James did a wonderful rant over at CORN, BEANS, SPENT BRASS, AN EMPTY PAGE & A DEADLINE yesterday:
I personally believe, and it is a sincere belief on my part, this whole movement to create a national identity card (Have you renewed your driver's license recently?) is nothing more than a totalitarian move (supported by both Repubs and Demorats) to 'track' each and every American. Or at least establish the means for future tracking through use of mandated cards and technology. Am I being paranoid? Probably, but is this concern unreasonable?
More importantly, my question is, How do these measures fight the war on Terror? How do they make US safer?
Read the whole thing.

Finally, the Department of Education is shopping for short-barreled 12-gauge pump shotguns:
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) intends to purchase twenty-seven (27) REMINGTON BRAND MODEL 870 POLICE 12/14P MOD GRWC XS4 KXCS SF. RAMAC #24587 GAUGE: 12 BARREL: 14" - PARKERIZED CHOKE: MODIFIED SIGHTS: GHOST RING REAR WILSON COMBAT; FRONT - XS CONTOUR BEAD SIGHT STOCK: KNOXX REDUCE RECOIL ADJUSTABLE STOCK FORE-END: SPEEDFEED SPORT-SOLID - 14" LOP are designated as the only shotguns authorized for ED based on compatibility with ED existing shotgun inventory, certified armor and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.
Truancy is a bitch these days, I guess...





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of notes about Arvo Ojala-he was the guy at the end of the street that Matt Dillon gunned down in the opening sequence of "Gunsmoke".

Arvo would occasionally drop by the gunshop I worked at in Oregon an tell stories of Hollywood. He taught a number of famous entertainers how to do fast draw, and was of the opinion that Sammy Davis JR was the best at doing fast draw,of all the people he taught.

Arvo had a convertible, and always seemed to have a couple of attractive young ladies with him when he drove it to the shop.


Sometimes he would bring by holsters he was working on to show us, a great holstermaker.

Bradley said...

i still what to know why the Dep of Ed has 'combat training'!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Bradley, I want to know too. the mushroom

Tim Covington said...

Spare the buckshot, spoil the child.

Steve P said...

If all schools are gun free zones.. Why would they need a shotgun. Maybe because they also realize that gun free zones don't work but cannot admit it.

nj_larry said...

They need shotguns once they start "regulating" the home schoolers.