Monday, March 08, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...

...today, so expect light blogging. Gotta get both the audio and the video podcast finished before I run up to lovely (really) Cody, WY, with COWBOYS Producer John Carter for a day in the Cody Firearms Museum...I know, a tough, ugly job, etc....

We'll be shooting B-roll for the next season of COWBOYS, as well as scoping out the Buffalo Bill Historical Center for future stuff.

Finished setting up the Dillon 650 for .44 Special and .44 Russian...I'm using 2 separate toolheads rather than changing out the seater/crimper die for the shorter Russian cartridges. I was lucky enough to have some old .44 Magnum dies not being used for the .44 Special conversion, and I used Redding .44 Russian dies for the other toolhead. I've settled on a starting load in the Russian of (sorry!) grains of IMR Trail Boss powder and a 240-gr LaserCast bullet, aiming for a velocity of 650-700 fps. I'll let you know when I get them to the range (I'll do the testing out of my .44 Special Blackhawks, then scrub the living heck out of the chambers!).

Gotta go to work...

No comments: