Friday, July 12, 2013

I'm Back! Really!

Spent the week at GUNSITE filming the first 4 eps of RAPID FIRE. We've retooled the show a bit, and we all think it's really going to rock. Tge days, however, were long, long, long and brutally hot, so, yes, I slacked on the blogposts. Sorry!

I expect to have more lessons from the Zimmerman trial on next week's podcast, especially if the jury comes back. I'm hoping for a "not guilty," but I fear a "manslaughter" and all the implications that verdict might have for CCW holders. Here's a good analysis from Gun Free Zone blog:
So what we have now is a trial so tainted by prosecutorial misconduct and political pressure it has become something you see on TV about kangaroo courts in Third World countries, a very dangerous precedent to have. And I don’t care if you think Zimmerman is guilty and that he should spend the rest of his life in prison, this is not the way that a verdict of guilty should be achieved and we should not be accomplices on the travesty because it will make us feel better. If we let feelings corrupt our rights to a fair and impartial trial, you can bet your life it will be used against others and even yourself. 
But by then it will be too late.
I have the Ruger Rimfire Worlds in Tulsa next week. I may or may not shoot the whole match,l but we'll be filming for SHOOTING GALLERY. I've changed my mind completely on what I might shoot...I may use a Tac-Sol conversion unit on a Rock Island frame, along with a Ruger Target 10/22 and am Aimpoint. Or, heck, I may change my mind again...and again...and again...until Saturday.


7 comments:

clark myers said...

Will you be able to attend any of the Forest Service meetings on recreational shooting? Maybe Boulder County: 6 to 8 p.m. July 23 in the Boulder County Commissioners' third floor hearing room in the Boulder County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl St., Boulder.

Michael Bane said...

I'm going to try to make that one, yes...

mb

The Freeholder said...

It's already too late. The fact that these charges were ever filed given what was found in the original investigations is enough to tell me that. The prosecutorial misconduct and the apparent involvement of the DOJ just ice the cake.

This isn't about Zimmerman, Martin, race or justice. This is about a heaven-sent perfect storm of opportunity for the other side to try and overturn our self-defense laws and turn us into a nice clone of the former Great Britain.

Obiwan said...

Michael:

You change guns like one would change underwear... I appreciate the availability of high end guns, but your muscle memory and shooting ability has to suffer.

About Zimmerman. Agreed. I fear manslaughter is in the cards. What with the DOJ involvement and prosecutorial/judicial misconduct we keep going down that slippery slope.

Michael Bane said...

Obi...check out my next post...

mb

kmitch200 said...

I'm hoping for a "not guilty," but I fear a "manslaughter" and all the implications that verdict might have for CCW holders

This just in....
NOT GUILTY!

I think just seeing this kangaroo trial and all the BS that it entailed could have a chilling effect on CCW.
It shouldn't.
GZ had a right to defend himself even if he could have done things a lot better. But some folks may see it as not worth the trouble.

Anonymous said...

If you have time while you are in Tulsa, you should really check out the firearms collections at the JM Davis Museum and at Wooloroc and film some shooting gallery segments about these places while you're there if time allows.

http://www.thegunmuseum.com/
http://www.woolaroc.org/