Monday, May 07, 2007

Sorry! Slightly Overextended!

Just got home this afternoon and finished editing the podcast, which should be up momentarily! I'll be editing video tomorrow, so the first Ruger Rimfire Challenge videos should be up Wednesday, with more following on Monday.

Apparently, there are fewer hours in the day than I anticipated! My apologies...

I'm also going to give up the ghost and buy a Verizon Internet card for the laptop, so I don't end up in this "small pipe" bind again.

BTW, Eric Katzenberg, a veteran IDPA shooter and fellow television producer, grabbed his first High Overall to become the inaugural Ruger Rimfire Challenge champion. There's an interview with eric on the podcast.

Until tomorrow, here's an NYT article on the individual interpretation of the Second Amendment:
There used to be an almost complete scholarly and judicial consensus that the Second Amendment protects only a collective right of the states to maintain militias. That consensus no longer exists — thanks largely to the work over the last 20 years of several leading liberal law professors, who have come to embrace the view that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to own guns.
Of course, there's more to the story than the Times noticed. You can read it here from Randy Barnett at the Volokh Conspiracy:
What the story leaves out, of course, are the prodigious efforts of those "libertarian" and "conservative" constitutional scholars who did much of the heavy lifting when it comes to the original meaning of the Second Amendment AND the original meaning of the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. And this scholarly effort was pioneered by nonacademics.
I'm also beta-testing the Hoffner Minimalist IWB holster for my Sig Sauer 225 carry gun, and I'm prety much blown away. I'll try to do pictures and the review in the next day or so...I'm working on a clone...really!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I'm also going to give up the ghost and buy a Verizon Internet card for the laptop, so I don't end up in this "small pipe" bind again."

I use one of the Verizon cards, and when there is no option, or the airport wants $9 an hour, they are a true God-send.

However, they are faster than dial-up and slower than broadband. And they have a tendency to heat up inside the laptop and drop the connection - without warning. I have developed a habit of always checking the Verizon software to see if I'm still connected before sending emails.

If you're sending something of size or substance, and you've been running for a while, pull the card, cool it down, re-insert and then send. You lessen your chances of dropping in the middle that way.