Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Tinge of Returning Normalcy


From JustHillary:

Jenna Jameson: "I love Hillary. I think that in some ways she's pretty conservative for a Democrat, but I would love to have a woman in office. I think that it would be a step in the right direction for our country, and there would be less focus on war and more focus on bettering society."

PR.com: "Do you find that the climate of the adult industry changes when there is a Republican administration versus Democratic?"

Jenna Jameson: "Absolutely. The Clinton administration was the best years for the adult industry and I wish that Clinton would run again. I would love to have him back in office. I would love to have Al Gore in office.
Ah, Jenna! We love you anyway! I would say somethihg really snide about Al Gore, but it's nearly impossible to parody a parody of a parody...or something like that...

Things here at Fortress Colorado are slowly returning to normal ...all the lightning-zapped crap has been disposed of, the new hard drives are humming happily (kinda reminds me of Jenna, now that I think about it), and I'm once again back to editing video.

Had a great day out at the range yesterday with a friend of mine, and we ran through everything from my Hans Vang 12-gauge 870, to an S&W M&P-15, to the vampire-red Ruger/Tac-Sol pistol, the obligatory 1911 (this time the C&S Kimber .45) and for the ubiquitous big fanale, an S&W .500 Maggie with 400-grain DOOMSDAY hunting loads. Yippie-kay-aye, pardner! I should shoot more, doncha think?

In the editing hopper are more videos from the Ruger Rimfire Challenge, videos of the new guns from ParaUSA — I liked the heck out of the little Carry Nine LDA — training tips from the SIG Academy and the Jeff Cooper Memorial Services at Whittington last week. Next week I'm going back to work filming the CCW Demystified series for DOWN RANGE.

Couple of hints on SHOOTING GALLERY 2008...inside the Army's Sniper Challenge; Survive a Weekend with Michael Bane!; the IDPA Nationals; Suppressors for Civilians, et cetera, et cetera...

BTW, we're negotiating a Ruger Rimfire Challenge two-gun match for the East Coasters in this fall...more as we firm up the deal! So get ready...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Shooting Wire Beat you to the punch on annoujncing the east coast Ruger Rimfire event yesterday. They're saying FLA.

Overload in Colorado said...

Speaking of range time, I picked up a FN FS2000 and a Taurus Judge last week, and need to get them out to try them.
The Judge is my first modern revolver. Strangely, I picked up some .410 S&B 00 2-1/2" Buckshot that won't chamber. I thought revolvers ate everything? I like the rear sight being a trench in the frame.

The FS2000 is an interesting rifle. I bought it as it's a lefty friendly bull-pup. I like the futuristic style, but the front handhold is not a good grip. I'm going to replace it with something better as soon as I can. I mounted an ACOG. Naturally shouldering it, I need to mount it as far back as I can, even though I shoot a AR15 with my nose on the charging handle. The trigger is poor, but that's expected with a bull-pup. The magazine release is very different than the AR15, with it being a controlled mag change instead of drop free.

I figure I'll find a hillside this sunday and try them out.