Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oh Boy! ANOTHER Snow Storm!

The spring-that-isn't grinds on and on. Supposed to have as much as 2 feet of the white stuff when I leave for the airport to Charlotte for the NRA.

BTW, I will be signing autographs at the OUTDOOR CHANNEL Booth Saturday, 3-4PM! Please drop by to talk!!! Don't leave me all alone at the booth!

Had a great but absolutely crazy day yesterday...in the studio all day cutting the podcasts for tomorrow. Did get in a range session and a mountain bike ride on Sunday. As I mentioned earlier, we focused on marksmanship — a 6-inch plate and an 8-inch plate, starting at 10 yards. More details on the drill and a bunch of information on steel targets on tomorrow's DOWN RANGE Radio podcast.

Didn't want to leave the guns in the car so my Sweetie and I donned fanny packs to tote the cowboy blasters on the bikes. I would say that 4 5/8-inch single action Rugers don't lend themselves to CCW in fanny packs. Kind of like carrying a hammer in a fanny pack...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not open carry? I thought we were to desensitzing the public to pistols and educating them about the 2nd Amendment? The in your face approach?

LOL

Ratcatcher55

Unknown said...

Get a Jack Bauer bag and carry it over your shoulder.

Michael Bane said...

There was no way to open carry on a bike with any of my existing SA holsters. I have a shoulder holster that should work, but the wet fit is horrible (which means I have to redo it, which sucks with a holster I paid MSRP for!!!).

We had one of the Jack Bauer rigs during Season 1 of THE BEST DEFENSE...I like one trainer's far more elegant solution — a viola case!

mb

Beaumont said...

Not going to make it over to Charlotte, so I'm looking forward to your coverage.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany not only explored the various jewelry processes of the time, Silver Tiffanybut also branched out into new metals, such as platinum, Tiffany Jewelrywhich at the time was considered very hard to manipulate.Tiffany BraceletsIt seems to be the case that unusual colorations appealed to Tiffany, like the opal.He also preferred gemstones that were either opaque or translucent. Tiffany EarringsTurquoise, jade, carnelian, lapis, moonstones, and opals were all chosen for their ability to filter light. Tiffany NecklacesEmphasis based on color was very prevalent in his works.