Friday, April 15, 2005

We Are The NRA...

...and there's a whole bunch of us! Yes, I'm at the NRA Members Meeting and Show in Houston, which is why I've been a little absent. I co-hosted NRA TV with AMERICAN RIFLEMAN editor Mark Keefe and did a spot on NRA Radio with Cam Edwards this afternoon, so maybe you even got to hear me cracking stupid jokes.

I'm gonna try and get in some hangout time with The NUGE and, in general, try not to work myself into an early grave.

BTW, I spent some time looking at Mossberg's new over/under shotguns they're importing from Turkey. I heard great things about the guns, and I have to say I was really impressed with how they looked and handled, especially for guns with an MSRP of $600 or so dollars. The added plus is that Turkey is a more or less democracy, as opposed to China and Russia, where the vast majority of cheaper (a.k.a., affordable) shotguns come from. I'm thinking this may be just the ticket for me, because I'm not really a shotgun sports kind of guy who can justify the Big Bucks for a name shotgun, but I love the way an O/U handles (as opposed to a pump or an autoloader).

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The added plus is that Turkey is a more or less democracy, as opposed to China and Russia, where the vast majority of cheaper (a.k.a., affordable) shotguns come from."

hahahahah

You know, of course, that Turkey's "democracy" was impeded in function by the State Department when they waffled on Iraq? Which makes them, what, a puppet regime?

Let the women of Turkey try and tell you what they think about its "more or less" democratic tendencies. Oh, that's right, they get beaten and murdered for speaking out.

And Russia is a democracy now that the Catholic Church teared down the Berlin wall. Nice try, though.

Here's an idea...Let's remember what happens when you take German weapons manufacturers and Turks and put them together in military cooperation with each other...

I know, these Mossburgs are being made in "reasonably democratic" Turkey. This is my point. Is ANYBODY really stupid enough to let the true democratic gains of the whole 20th century go to birdshot?