Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Still Suffering Piteously...

...resulting in reduced blog output. Still, I feel obligated to chip in my $0.02 for something. So, for all you post-Christmas shopping fanatics — and you know who you are — who follow the blog and collect garden gnomes, the one's for you.

There should be a friggin' season on dentists! No, let me rephrase that...vermin should be taken at any time. Jeez, I finally get some time off and a Hockey Mask Jason clone with a dental hygenist assistant tries to kill me. He's sorry, though. Hell, they're always sorry...didn't mean to cut off your leg there, buddy! The ole Dental Dremel slipped a bit! By midnight, when the pain gets really cranking and I can't concentrate enough to even read the ads on gunsamerica.com, I envision flaying him and the lovely Ms. Assistant alive, then using them as the secret ingredient on Iron Chef America, where Morimoto turns him into Pounded Dentist Tartare along with a delightful dessert Pureed Podiatrist Brulee. Morimoto uses the torch on the brulee...hehehehe....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael,
Speaking of Gunsamerica, any way you'd do a show on the internet's impact on shooting?
How about a show about your collection?

Anonymous said...

A show on the internet? You mean how internet dealers sell guns for a couple bucks over cost and store front dealers make less and less and then determine they don't have to carry inventory? Call it "Introduced on Monday, Discounted on Tuesday: how the laws of supply and demand don't apply to the internet.

Anonymous said...

Michael's collection - 2 thumbs up.
Internet guns - 2 thumbs way down. That's just boring dude.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see the collection. Would there be enough time to show it all? You could break it down by category: 1) competition guns, 2) carry guns, 3) collectibles, 4) really cool guns only Michael has.

Michael Bane said...

Gosh, thanks for the compliments on seeing a show on my stuff. Ya'll would probably be more interested in my custom guns. I have top-end 1911s from Bill Wilson, Dick Heinie, Cylinder & Slide, Dane Burns, Sailor's Custom Guns, two multi-colored 9mm "raceguns" from STI and a few others.

I have full-house custom Browning High Powers from Wayne Novak (.40 S&W) and Cylinder & Slide (9mm). Revolver-wise, I have the obligatory OM Ruger Blackhawk .44 Special I had built by Hamilton Bowen, a couple of other guns from Hamilton, including a custom S&W M28 in .38-40 and a Ruger OM Blackhawk in .30 Carbine, a spectacular .44 Special USFA single action from Turnbull Restorations, and a gift from Hank Williams Jr. — a .454 Casull "Seville" SA overhauled by Clements Custom Guns.

There's also my "Home for Wayward 1917 Smith & Wessons," which includes a selection of over-gunsmithed 1917s like the "Guess This Gun" .38 Special from Accurate Plating & Weaponry I posted on the blog, my 1917 "Fitz Special," and a custom target 1917, the Ugliest Gun in the World (which is presently out with Apex Tactical, along with one of my S&W M629 .44 Magnums). That's just a sample.

I'll speak with my Sweetie, who has the final say as to what personal stuff gets shown on television. We live in the boonies; my house is an armored tank, the gun safes are top dollar sunk in concrete and someone's always home and HEAVILY ARMED, but you gotta believe there's always some asshole out there...

mb