Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Best Article I've Seen on the Internet in Years!

From Brigid at Home on the Range Blog, Things Women Will Never Understand About Men...I laughed out loud...read the whole thing, by all means:

Men are not really adept at shopping as we know it.

I admit it. I shop like a guy. I plan what I need to get, look at some reviews to see which is the best product and pick it. Then I walk into the store in a manner in which Clauswitz would be proud, cleverly avoiding people trying to spray me with cologne so I don't end up in sporting goods smelling like a Hollywood hooker. I see what I need, I grab it, (pillaging is in my blood), I pay for it, usually cash, and I quickly leave the scene of the crime.

So when you just surprise your mate with "honey would you go to the store and get eggs and milk" and he's sent into battle with no time for preparation, bombarded by countless displays that make no ergonomic sense and people shoving food and products at him with "want to try the new Kiwi Persimmon Pop Tart, now with antioxidants", he just wants to escape and as quickly as possible. Which is why he comes home with a case of beer, a bottle of olives and a birch tree.

Hardware and gun stores are different. Send him to one of those for just one small item and he'll come home with a vehicle packed tighter than the Clampetts truck on Beverly Hillbillies.

7 comments:

Haji said...

Yeah, that's pretty accurate!

Joe said...

Good stuff. Too bad there aren't more women like Brigid.

kmitch200 said...

Shopping like a man:

Need shirt.
Hunt down shirt.
Kill it and take it home.

Wear shirt until you need another shirt.

Anonymous said...

Michael,
Just a short note regarding your podcasts reporting NOT ranting on the TSA.
That were GREAT, SPOT ON.
America needs to stand up against this deceptive, repressive, oppressive, overbearing thing we know as the federal goberment (intentionally spelt this way) that has slowly morphed into a ploutocracy bordering on serupticious tyranny.
It must be stopped at all costs.

By the way TSA stands for
testicle / tw** squeezing (mis) administration.
I will be watching / waiting for the dark blue metallic vans (HLSA).

Semper Peratus!
ACTA NON VERBA!

home drug tests said...

My English no well, but had to say me like what you say. Thank you from me. I share this post now of my country.

weddingdresses said...

Are you preparing Christmas gifts for your loves ,family and friends now ?
Maybe you can choose us , we always provide the excellent quality products and best after-sale service ,

And recently we have a active promotions :Happy Shopping at Dec,
the content of preference:
10%~15% discount
a Christmas gift
Free shipping!

we are accept paypal ,credit card and western union for payment .
New arrival :
winter boots
nike womens boots
power balance bracelet
Silly Bands
Reebok Easytone
reebok zigtech
efx bracelet
Moncler Jackets
Log in website :www.winterboots2sale.com
www.brandshoes2trade.com
www.power2balance.com

Unknown said...

Your blog is so excellent that I like it very much, you must be good at writing.

Asus - 13.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Rose Gold

Asus - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black