Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Time to Die...

…as I mentioned on FaceBook, I gotta go get beaten to death by Seeklander, Janich and a volunteer thug. Hopefully, I'll get some shots off before I go quietly into the night. Earlier this week we kidnapped a 12 year old girl, and yesterday we brutalized a teenager. Just another day at the office.

I talked to Trijicon yesterday about the upcoming MRO red dot site that was leaked yesterday. It looks very impressive, especially if it hits that $500 sweet spot. I should have one as soon as they become formally available. I'm also considering one of the AccuPower 1-4X LED scopes on the Wilson Combat .458 AR if I take that gun hog hunting. As I said, my "dream" for that rifle is a Colorado elk hunt, but that's always a crap shoot. If I did get that elk hunt, I'd go with a bit more magnification, I think.

While I'm out dying, here's an interesting piece on "normalcy bias" from MountainGuerilla. Since the Mikes and I have been talking about normalcy bias all week, I thought you might find it interesting
What is “normalcy bias?” 
Wikipedia, that paragon of journalistic objectivism, defines normalcy bias as “a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to undestimate both the possibility of a disaster and its possible effects….The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur….People with normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before…”
Read the whole thing, and think about how normalcy bias operates in your own life.

3 comments:

kmitch200 said...

As many times as you've been beaten, stabbed & shot by Mikes S&J, it's a wonder you still work with them!
Is there a running tally on how many times Michael has been killed?

Delroy Delany Dillingham said...

I hope you expelled a grunt. Janich makes great grunts when he is hit.

Michael Bane said...

I cried like a little girl…especially when Janich game me a TOTALLY GRATUITOUS kick to the ribs! lol!

MB