Saturday, August 08, 2009

Match Day!

Shot the Boulder cowboy action match today with the new Ruger SASS Vaqueros...they shot fine; I managed to drop a shot. As I came up on a target I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw metal behind the front sight. Remember I said the guns were shooting an inch or so low? An inch or so is all it takes to skate a bullet just under the target.

The sight picture is every bit as good as my Sweetie's custom .32 H&R Single Sixes, and in truth the trigger pull, while heavier than my match Blackhawks, is perfectly serviceable (I've been talking a lot about how we all probably obsess too much over trigger pulls). I'll eventually respring the guns to lighten up the mainspring, make it a little easier to cock.

I'm going to spend some time next week both setting up my Ruger 10/22 Target for next weekend and putting some rounds through that rifle and my FNP 45, just because I've been slacking on big bore semiautos lately. I also need to start tuning back up on the 1911 to get ready for the Wild Bunch match at Winter Range in Phoenix early next year. I suppose I can probably remember how they work!

No comments: