Wednesday, August 05, 2009

News You Can Use!


Brazilians Urged to Pee in the Shower to Conserve Water

Sometimes the best way to get people fired up about a cause—be it environmental, political, or anything else—is to get them angry. But instead of trying to piss citizens off, a Brazilian environmental group is trying to get the country’s residents to, well, urinate in the shower.

The group says that if a single household flushed the toilet just one fewer times a day, it would save a whopping 1,157 gallons of water each year. The organization has even come out with a video touting the idea. Urine is sterile, so peeing in the shower is harmless (except if someone has a disease that can be transmitted through their pee, such as hepatitis).

The AP reports:

The spot features cartoon drawings of people from all walks of life - a trapeze artist, a basketball player, even an alien - urinating in the shower.

Narrated by children’s voices, the ad ends with: “Pee in the shower! Save the Atlantic rainforest!”
Ah, the lovely voice of children singing...pee...pee..pee...in the shower...

And what about that alien? How do aliens pee, anyway? Is there a consensus? A YouTube video? And has Obama apologized to the aliens yet for Americans' relentless failure to pee in the shower?

5 comments:

Hazcat said...

I see we finally took a break and have a little extra time on our hands! ;)

Lawrence said...

Ive done that for decades..I admit Im a little strange, but I like to pee there. its one of my ways of stickin it to da man..

I should write a story some day about all the places I've taken a pee.

Anonymous said...

What about defecating in the garden? Might be good for the tomatoes?

Anonymous said...

I see the Brazilians are now doing what I have been doing for the past 25 years! And I'll sometimes water my neighbor's hedges too. If I have my math right, this means that I have saved over 28,000 gallons of water for ol' mother earth!

But I am not going to give away my secret on how I use flatulence to fuel transportation need.....

Chas said...

"How do aliens pee, anyway?"

Since they live on planets that lack the abundance of water that earth has, they've evolved to excrete dry crystals that resemble yellow table salt. Don't ask me how I know.
Humans overpopulate, use up all the water in an area and then blame it on a lack of peeing in the shower. Did we really evolve from an ape-like creature, or is that something we're just hoping to do in the future?