Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Some Days...LOL!!!


Yesterday we were at Machinegun Tours, Alan Samuel's totally cool gun store outside of Denver, filming 3 builds for SHOOTING GALLERY Season 13 — the TAC2 breakdown AR on the ATI Omni lower, the state-of-the-art .22LR AR on the Spike's upper with a JP lower and a suppressed Ruger Charger, mostly to show how easy it is to mod a 10/22.

Right.

Some days just refuse to go down the simple path we envision! I decided to start simple with the Charger, since I've down so many 10/22s and was using my "standard" parts kit — Volquartsen trigger group, bolt handle and spring assembly, assorted parts. I was also adding a integrally suppressed barrel (mine is a no-longer-manufactured TS; Thompson Machine makes one).

I had read that Chargers can be a bear to disassemble, largely due to the shake-and-bake finish Ruger puts on the Chargers. I have an Accutech barrel pusher that has always done the trick, so I wasn't worried. Short story...3 hours later I got the damned barrel out of the Charger. It took tensioning the Accutech, which pushes against the forward pin that holds in the trigger group, very tightly, followed by A REALLY BIG HAMMER and a steel bar. I then cleared out the receiver barrel channel with fine grit sandpaper. I ended up flat filing the "drop in parts," which have always dropped in for my other 10/22s. I thought producer John Carter and DP Gene Moffett were going to strangle me as the hours ground on and on and I'm back in the shop filing away.

The ARs went together fine. I required help from the shop's gunsmiths, because I'm definitely not a gunsmith...LOL! We have a range date on Thursday, so might get some shooting in then.

7 comments:

Anti Money Laundering said...

It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom.

Dunia Internet said...

It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom.
Dunia Internet
DP BBM
Gambar Lucu
Wallpaper Lucu
Kata Kata Motivasi

kata kata bijak said...

Thank you for your very nice article, do not forget to read my articles also kata kata cinta provide such kind words,kata kata bijak and gambar lucu , are deliberately presented to the loyal readers.

udarino said...

I've been meaning to write something like this on my own web site kata kata cinta and now you have given me the idea to write, thank you

pakar seo said...

Great article, I hope you can also visit my website pakar seo :)

kata kata mutiara said...

It is one of the great joys of home ownership to fire a pistol in one's own bedroom.

admin said...

thank for share
Cara Memutihkan Kulit Secara Alami