Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Another Darn Busy Day!

Although I will say that any day spent with Steven Hunter and Ian McCollum from Forgotten Weapons has to be a pretty cool day. I have to say Ian's like a bulldog in tracking down obscure information. He emailed me last week to ask about a point in the GUN STORIES script on the one of the first semi auto rifles, the Mannlicher Model of 1885. He said he wasn't familiar with that model and asked about my references.


Today, here's his report, probably more than anyone would ever want to know about the 1885. For his InRange TV, he also tracked down the real story of Wyatt Earp and Curly Bill Brocious. Busy boy…you'll meet him on GUN STORIES this season.

I hope I'm not talking out of school (something I've had my wrist slapped for recently! LOL!), but Steve's new book, I, Ripper, will be coming out 19 May:


Steve told me he needed a break from the Swagger saga, so he focused on Jack the Ripper. Based on our conversations, I can't wait to read this one! We'll of course have a full report on DRTV.

Tomorrow, I've got to sort out the wreckage of my office. At least make heads or tails of it. BTW, today's Trigger Warning for our Special Snowflakes is about this horrible, horrible graphic. Cover your eyes, Snowflakes!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just listening to the podcast. I get the feeling the war our boys have been fighting is finally on our doorstep.

Sheepdog1968 said...

Hi Michael,
I have an idea for something I would love to see on shoutout lane. I would love to see them do the mad minute (several variations out there). I like for at least one of the mad minutes to be with the Lee Enfield to see how many they can get on an 18" target 200 or 300 yards down range.

Speaking of ideas, I would love for outdoor channel to,air some of these type of competitions, even if veer late at night. I'm ok if it's in a foreign language.

http://youtu.be/pK8fSVuxVaU

Unknown said...

The best pictures of muhammad are always drawn by a skilled Infidel

Anonymous said...

Sheepdog, I don't know the actual round count , but at the WWI battle of Mons when the German troops ran into the British troops they thought they were facing a Machine gun battalion but it was just an infantry Regiment trained to pre war standards. So apparently a trained rifleman could operate an Enfield pretty darn quick. I have heard, but not been able to verify, that there was a technique of half locking the bolt between shots to speed bolt throw.
Tom Bogan
Laconia NH

Sheepdog1968 said...

Michael, maybe we should push hard to get Bernie Sanders as the democratic choice for president. He might be a democrat I'd be willing to vote for. Who else on both sides should we keep an eye out for?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/bernie_sanders_on_guns_vermont_independent_voted_against_gun_control_for.html

Anonymous said...

Not so fast Sheepdog. Get the whole story first...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/05/robert-farago/vt-presidential-candidate-bernie-sanders-pro-gun-democrat/

Sheepdog1968 said...

Thanks for the link to the other story.