Friday, November 10, 2006

My Day for Artists



It has been a day of interesting conversations, including a long with with ace Old West artist and historian Bob Boze Bell, most interestingly on the moral differences between John Wesley Hardin and Wild Bill Hickock, followed by a long rambling conversation with cartoonist Chris Muir, who draws the wonderful Day By Day comic strip (featured every day by day right here on The Michael Bane Blog!) on the perils and joys of fictional women protagonists.

Tomorrow I have to see a man about a buffalo, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Like a complete idiot I failed to pick up one of the pristine German police trade-in SIG P6s (aka P225s with a funky hammer, photo above that I was too lazy to rotate) that were all over the place for under $400...this despite the fact that I got several e-mails from correspondents giving me the heads-up. Call me El Stupido...this is one of the better SIGARMS deals to come along in a long long time and I'd like to have a back-up to my carry 225. Allegedly, there's still a bunch of them out there, waiting to come into the country. Keep watching the skies, Mr. and Ms. America! Oh, I suppose that sooner or later I'll get around to trying a P239...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I sent you a PM on Brian's forum!!

OH who needs more than one SIG anyway right!!
LOL

Shawn
theknightoflight

Michael Bane said...

Yeah...you did...along with a couple of guys from the SIG Forum...by the time I came out of my stupor and realized that I needed to pick one up, they were all picked...

I was gonna set it up with Novaks, put a Teflon finish on it, etc...

Oh well, thanks anyway!

mb

Anonymous said...

Looks like KY Imports has some more for $360. Good luck, Erich Martell